I’m interested in learning more about wetlands training for my company or group, who do I contact?
How do I register for online training?
Registering for online training is a few easy steps away! When you’re ready to register follow these steps from the ‘Home’ screen:
- Navigate to the course page for the course you want to register for
- Select ‘Add to cart’
- If you already created an account with us, sign in.
- If you are new, proceed by selecting ‘check out now’ at the bottom of the screen
- Complete the registration form and select ‘Register and Checkout’
- At the bottom of the cart, read and accept the ‘Terms of Service’ to continue
- Select ‘Confirm Purchase’ and enter your payment information
- You will then be pushed to a simplified receipt, select ‘View your Order’ to access a full receipt
- On the menu bar, there will be a new tab labelled ‘My Courses’ where you can find your online course.
- If the ‘My Courses’ tab does not appear immediately, refresh your screen
If you encounter problems with registration or for group registrations, please contact us.
How do I access my receipt?
Once you submit your payment, a receipt will appear. Select ‘View your Order’ to see the full details. A receipt will also be sent to the email address associated with your account.
If you have not received a receipt within 48 hours of payment, please contact us.
How do I register for classroom or field training?
Classroom and field trainings are currently only available for group registration. Registration for groups is not available online. If you are interested in a classroom or field training for your group, please contact us..
I purchased an online training, where do I find it?
After purchasing the course, a new tab will appear on the navigation bar at the top of the screen next to the home button labeled ‘My Courses’. Hover your mouse over the tab and a drop-down menu will appear with the course name. Click on the course and start with the ‘Introduction’.
Do I have to complete the training in one sitting?
No. Using your username and password you can log out and return whenever works best for you! Simply sign in and navigate to where you left off. We recommend finishing a chapter before signing out as your account will not mark your progress in the training. Otherwise, make a note of how far you got.
Online trainings will be available for three months following your registration date. After that time you will no longer have access to the online training materials.
Can I pause the training and resume the course from where I left off?
You can complete the training in multiple sittings; however, it will not automatically track where you left off. For this reason, we suggest you complete a chapter before logging out and make note of where you left off.
Can I access my training using more than one computer?
Yes. You can access this training from any computer simply using the website link (http://wetlands-101.ducks.ca) and signing in with your username and password.
How long do I have to finish the training?
From your registration date, you will have three months to complete the training. After this time, you will no longer have access to the training/ course materials.
What do I do if the presentation/video doesn’t start?
This may occur for a couple of reasons:
- Poor internet connection. Check your internet connection and refresh your browser.
- Internet Browser – this website supports Google Chrome XY and newer, Safari 5.1 and newer, Firefox 13 and newer, Internet Explorer 8 and newer, Opera 11.6, and Yandex 14.10 and newer. If you are using an older browser, we suggest upgrading before starting this training.
- If you are still having trouble contact us.
Will this training count towards continuing education credits under a professional associations or other organization/association?
For Canadian Institute Forestry’s (CIF) continuing education program, this training will count towards 4 CEU’s.
To determine whether this training qualifies for continuing education credits for your professional association or other organization/association, contact the associations program administrator
Can I share the online training or make copies of the training materials for other employees or contacts?
No. Training is for personal use only. Distribution of Ducks Unlimited Canada’s course material is a direct violation of Ducks Unlimited Canada’s Terms and Conditions accepted at the time of registration. DUC is a not for profit organization and funds from training registration allow us to run this training and support our conservation activities.
Will I receive a certificate upon completion?
Yes. Following the successful completion of the Chapter 7 Final Quiz, there will be an option to download a Certificate of Completion. You must receive >80% on Chapter 7's final quiz to receive a certificate (quizzes have multiple attempts).
Does this training count towards my professional designation's continuing compentency program?
Wetlands 101: An Introduction to Boreal Wetlands - online has been evaluated for credit under the following professional associations:
- Canadian Institute of Forestry: 4 CEU's
- College of Alberta Professional Foresters: 9 CU's
- College of Alberta Professional Forest Technologists: 4 CU's
Where can I find other DUC resources?
DUC provides an array of resources from guidebooks to technical reports and factsheets. To learn more and find other downloadable resources, visit http://boreal.ducks.ca/publications/